We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Grama Dee

Grama Dee, Norm's grandma who moved here just over a year ago from Albuquerque, died yesterday. Grandpa died over 5 years ago and she was of course devastated. They had lived through the loss of a son about 15 years ago which also broke their hearts. Grama Dee lived a very full life and the kids adored her. She especially loved Asa, which always made me smile. She thought Asa was just the most perfect child from the very first picture I sent to her way back when I was just a very proud aunt. She adored Valentina too and found it very fitting that I had a daughter who is headstrong and outspoken. "I don't know where she got that" she would tease me. Actually Grama Dee and I would often say that we were very alike. Grama Dee didn't take shit from anyone, she told it like it was and didn't pull any punches.

We were fortunate to have spent all day Easter with Grama. She came over to our house and watched the kids do their Easter egg hunt. I think the biggest gift she gave me, and what I always take with me, is she told me what a good mom I was to put together such an elaborate egg hunt for the kids. She knew how difficult Easter was for me but she told me often that all that mattered was that I had made the holiday fun and special for Asa and Valentina and I had exceeded that.

Thank you Grama Dee.



Easter 2013

4 comments:

Jen said...

She sounds like one amazing Grama Dee! I love the picture of her. She was so right about Easter too. Rest in Peace...

zakłamana said...

Hey, great blog :) I invite you to me. you can observe me http://alex-faashion.blogspot.com/

rahul patidar said...

Another key factor besides writing valuable, helpful, and interesting content is making sure that this article is linked to other related articles or blog posts on your blog. Consequently when someone visits your blog he could have any number of additional content linked from the this one read originally. This way, if a target audience likes your blog he could stay to read your archive. This would assist people like me to comprehend this topic superior.

Please visit http://clippingpathsource.com/ to know more about clipping path service.

Neetin Patidar said...

I have been blogging about this same topic for nearly 2 years now, - what I have always believed is that it needs time to work to be able to overcome in this particular thing. But when I read your post, I was really amazed that there are many ways to go about it and acquire and even much better final results. Maybe that is why I've not really had a great number of loyal readers. I ought to have consulted your website first before starting my very own.

Please visit http://sparklesrhinestones.com/ to know more about Wholesale rhinestones.