We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, August 23, 2013

No Thank You

It has been warm here lately so the kids usually go to bed with their ceiling fans on. During one of the multiple times I get up and check on them during the night I'll turn off the fan and cover them up. Valentina is always warm so I leave her fan on the longest and yet when she crawls into bed with me every morning around 7 am her little feet are like ice cubes. She also kicks off her blanket so whenever I check on her I touch her leg or arm to see if she even needs to be covered up. Well I just went in to check on her and just like always I felt her leg. She was warm. Just to make sure I touched her arm. Her eyes fluttered open and in her raspy, groggy voice asked "what?" I told her I was just checking to see if I needed to cover her up. She turned over and just before she conked out again she said "no thank you."

Now that is what I call manners.