We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, September 27, 2013

(RED)

There are multiple reasons why I love U2 and even more so since Bono co-created Product (RED) back in 2006. I have been a staunch supporter of it since it first came about. I had a passion for the HIV pandemic in Africa when I first heard about it about 10-15 years ago. When Product (RED) was launched I was first in line to get a ton (almost literally) of (RED) shirts at Gap and Norm and I just handed them out.

Bono was on David Letterman last night and I got chills when I heard that due to YOU, people who have bought anything Product (RED) have provided almost 10,000,000 people with antiretroviral medications. Yes, that's 10 MILLION. Ten million people saved from (RED). As someone who knows the ripple effect one person has, the fact that almost TEN MILLION individuals are on medications to save them means that not just 10,000,000 are saved, there are easily 50,000,000 lives that have been impacted by this.

Think of this.

By buying (RED), from a coffee at Starbucks to an iPod from Apple, each and every one of you has had this massive effect.

YOU

YOU have done this. WE have done this together.

Please continue to buy (RED) and appreciate that by doing so you are saving someone, an entire family, of the grief that you have seen us go through.


May 2007
On our way to a Killers concert in our Product (RED) shirts