We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, October 07, 2013

A Rose By Any Other Name Than Charlie

I've always had an affinity for journalists. I studied journalism in college and find most national journalists to be very attractive. I have found a new crush in Charlie Rose. Oh.My.Gosh. Talk about yummy! He's my newest and greatest. I used to watch "Good Morning America" but once Charlie Gibson left (I loved him for years) mom got me hooked on "Today", although I never cared for Matt Lauer. Once the whole Ann Curry thing went down I quit watching "Today" out of principal and moved to "CBS This Morning". I was expecting to hate it since the last time I had watched it was in Guatemala and Harry Smith was the anchor. Now Harry wasn't bad either but he's no Charlie Rose. I love, love, love Charlie Rose. I have to watch my "Eye Opener At Eight" and it's always a treat if Charlie does the intro.

Mom has been giving me a hard time about me crushing on my Rose because he's old (71) but then again she knows I've always had an affinity for older men. Other people tease me for still liking Charlie Gibson (cough-Amanda-cough) but I think Rose has eclipsed Gibson in the run of the Charlie's.

I was VERY happy and very validated to see this morning that it's not just me, but Gotham Magazine also finds him as one of the top NYC bachelors. He's also a foodie so Charlie, I'll be your dinner companion any time!


MEDIA: 
Charlie Rose, 71
The debonair Southerner’s genteel charm is a rarity among Manhattan media moguls and with years of experience grilling the likes of Bill Clinton and Bruce Springsteen, he’s the ultimate dinner companion.
Read more at http://gotham-magazine.com/personalities/articles/new-yorks-100-most-eligible-bachelors#wZzsKGko4kOFP8KL.99






Just in case you don't see the attraction I dare you to watch the video and not fall in love with my Rose. I have it saved on my DVR and watch it a few times a week.