We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, November 29, 2013

Asa

A doctor's appointment at 3 pm today with Asa turned into an ER trip that we finally got home from at 8:30 pm. I am so proud of Asa. There's so much more to talk about, he's been sick, vomiting, pale, happy, weak, silly, night terror, etc... since Tuesday evening.

Super long story short, he has a stomach flu and moderate dehydration.

He is asleep now and we are hopeful that he will be on the mend from now on.

Asa had to have an IV for fluids and anti nausea medication and after having the nurse dig around, trying to find a vein, finding a vein, poking it, getting it and then having it collapse the poor boy actually threw up from the pain. We got him cleaned up and the nurse had to move to his OTHER hand. I was just sick for him. I did my best to take his mind off everything and promised him a trip to Sunriver this winter and an actual sleigh ride. He had to endure almost the same thing all over again but at least then they were able to get the IV in.

All I want is for him to not throw up. We are aiming for a vomit free 24 hours. We only need 19 1/2 more hours to get there.

Asa is so damn brave.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Asa sweet…needle pokes are the worst. I wanted to take Avi and run when they couldn't get her the first time. I'm so sorry. I hope he is feeling better…

Love to all.