We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, December 01, 2013

A Week In Photos

A week ago Beya and I took a quick road trip. I was hesitant to do it as it meant leaving the kids for Norm to take care of, get ready for school, pick them up and have them for three days and two nights. Needless to say he did great and neither kid even asked about me much less missed me. Whenever Norm is out of town for work oh they wail and whine about how much they miss him......HE'S NEVER HOME TO BEGIN WITH!!!! I have to admit, even though he works long hours, from the time he walks through the door he is immediately in Daddy mode, spending every possible minute with the kids, playing with them, being at their beck and call and just being the "fun" parent. So of course, why in the hell would they miss me? 

They didn't. 

Here are just a few photos of our trip:


I love frost on trees, it makes everything look so much prettier. 


Beya and I stopped to get gas and this sign met us pulling in to the station. I couldn't stop laughing. 


These were a blast from the past! I didn't know anyone even had them anymore!!!


I was so scared that it wouldn't be as good as I remembered. I needn't have worried, I inhaled my food along with a neapolitan shake!


The reason for our trip. I love you Jen! I'll write about this in another post. 


Friday evening at the ER. Here Asa had already been pumped up with his IV fluids and he looked a thousand times better than he had when we originally took him to the Doctor. It's always a bit disconcerting when the doctor takes one look at your child, does a quick physical exam and then says "take him to the ER." 


Almost ready to be discharged from the hospital. What a difference anti-nausea medication and fluids did for him! When we got to the hospital Asa couldn't even walk. He was so weak we had to use a wheelchair to get him from the car in to the hospital and even then he cried and cried because he felt so bad. He's doing much better today, two days later, but will still be home from school at least another day or two. Poor thing, he was sick his entire Thanksgiving vacation and then some!


Saturday Beya and I did some quick shopping at a local store and I found one of these! I didn't know they even sold them anymore! I don't know which was funnier, seeing this or listening to the tweenagers arguing with the sales clerk over the price of the video game they wanted. They kept insisting it was only $29.99, not $45.99. They even went so far as to tell her they SAW the ad! It clearly stated $29.99 on Black Friday! I was laughing not so quietly as the oh so patient clerk said yes, it was on sale on Black FRIDAY. 


One of the things I was so excited to do with my new Volvo was to get my Christmas tree and strap it to the top of the SUV, just like they show in the Volvo commercials. Hey, what can I say, I find joy in the strangest things. One thing they DON'T show in the commercials is the tree sitting on a tarp but I guess in show business you don't have to worry about getting tree pitch on the car you've been lusting after for well over a year. 


For only the second time in 20 years, I DIDN'T get my tree the day after Christmas Thanksgiving. I have always put it up on Friday and after the kids go to sleep I stay up late and decorate it all by myself. Well, given I was in the ER with Asa my tree didn't get bought or put up until Saturday. I'm just very, very thankful that things calmed down so quickly that I was able to take care of it last night. 


So that's what I've done the past week, what about YOU? Tell me three things you've done and how your Thanksgiving was.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a goof Asa is!! That first picture of him makes me so sad…

Those two girls…who they??? They look like they could be up to no good?For some reason, I don't trust them!

I love YOUR tree : )