We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Valentina!!!!

Seven years ago today we got "the call"!

It was about 4pm and I'd had a rough day of waiting to get the call. Sissy had taken me on a Target run to take my mind off things and I had broken down in the middle of the toy aisle, all the emotions, the waiting, the not knowing, just getting to me.

After our Target and Lowes run (you can look up the whole post, I just can't go through it and link it) I came home and there was a voicemail from our agency waiting for us.

It was the call.

Valentina, you have made our lives. Not just made our lives better, more complete, happier. You have MADE our lives. You are so much more than a little girl, you are a confidante to Asa. You are my equal, you are Beya's special girl, you were TT's favorite  spoiled niece, you are Daddy's princess, you are Papa's soul, you are Josh's Vali.

You are a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin and all around special girl.

We love you Valentina.

Happy Birthday.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How funny...the whole time I was writing you, I keot looking at the date, knowing - but not knowing!! Wondering! Thinking, what is it!

Happy Birthday to the sweetest, most beautiful little girl! You are like no child I have ever met and I so love that about you - the way you dress, the way you carry yourself, the requests you make, the things I hear that you say! I love it, and I love you Valentina!

kathleen said...

She is our life!!!!