We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, March 22, 2014

Asa

About a month ago Asa underwent some testing for the highly capable and gifted program at school. They are looking for the top 5-10% of students. I knew it would be a while before we found out if he passed or not. The testing was pretty intense, it took two days and they did interviews with him, not just paper and pen exams. I had told myself that I kind of didn't want him to get in as it is just so foreign to me. Plus that means that he will be under more stress. That said, he has been complaining that the school work is easy and that he's bored in school. That, to me, is a wide open road to trouble. At first I was against his even testing but I put my big girl panties on and agreed to have him tested. 


Yesterday, Friday afternoon, Asa's teacher emailed me letting me know the good news, ASA GOT IN!!!!!! I'm still a little weirded out by having such a smarty parts in the house but most of all I'm proud of him!!!! Asa seems to learn by osmosis. He can be working on something and hear a conversation between two different people in another room and have the TV on and he'll be able to keep up with all three things and KNOW about them! I think he was the only one in Kindergarten who actually had their teacher stand back and let Asa take over the history/geography lesson for the day so Asa could inform his fellow 5 and 6 year old classmates about Iran and Jerusalem Israel and the Middle East, all the while keeping politics out of it. 

Can I say it again? 

I'M SO PROUD OF ASA!!!!!!

His mum mum got him off to a perfect start!!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

She sure did.

He is so unbelievably amazing in every way. I am so happy to hear the good news!

I am PROUD from afar!! : )

Love to all! And a high five and a hug to Asa ❤