We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Well.....

Papa recently felt a lump under his arm. Mom felt around for it but she didn't feel anything. As a precaution she made an appointment with our doctor.

Yesterday the doctor felt it right away. He ordered blood work and depending on how that came back he would order either a CT scan or MRI.

Mom got the call today that papa has a CT scan Friday morning.

Both mom and I are trying not to freak out but I look at papa and I want to cry. I've seen more and more that papa is getting old. It breaks me heart to think of something happening to him. I love my papa so much. I love both of my parents.

I am just hoping that this is nothing and that the doctor is being overly cautious given how he misdiagnosed sissy's cancer.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! I have been off the computer since mid morning Tuesday (I started getting a headache in the middle of responding to comments : ( and I really shouldn't be on now, but I feel a tiny window and dang!! it gets SOOOOO boring doing absolutely NOTHING for days on end!!!

I am sooooooo sorry to hear this and am hoping with everything I have he is being overly cautious too!

Waiting, ugh. Please let me know right away...if you want. I love all of you and my every thought is with you!!

I luh, luh, luh you Papi!!

JadedEmerald said...

Hi Cameo. This is Channe from over on Jen's blog. I've read your comments for years. I am so, so sorry about your sister.

I just today for the first time saw your picture, so now I have a face to put with your name. You and your mama are so cute! I hadn't been to your blog before; your children are beautiful. I have an 8 year old daughter that we adopted from Guatemala 7 years ago. I always feel this connection with fellow Guatemala adoptive parents. It's like hey - we both survived PGN - cheers!

I am sorry to hear about your Papa. I pray he is okay and that this is nothing cancerous.