We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, July 28, 2014

I Miss Her So Much

As I was sitting here I was struck with a bolt of grief.

I miss my sister so much. I miss her so much that it physically hurts.

I miss teasing her.

I miss telling her my baby shower that she planned was the best day of my life.

I miss asking her if she could be quiet after hours of her incessant talking.

I miss her showing up unexpectedly at my house.

I miss laughing so hard with her that we both peed our pants.....but just a little.

I miss talking to her about our childhood and realizing we had very different memories.

I miss being able to ask her advice.

I miss her telling me what I'm doing wrong.

I miss planning trips with her that we knew we'd never take.

I miss going on trips with her.

I miss her phone calls.

I miss sitting down at the end of the evening and calling her after we'd spent all day together.

I miss her taking groceries from my cupboard.

I miss her asking and taking toilet paper and paper towels from me so she wouldn't have to go to the store.

I miss her stories about Asa.

I miss gossiping with her.

I miss her walking through the front door yelling out "sissy roo!"

I miss driving around with her.

I miss her giving me a hard time about the music I had on my iPod.

I miss everything about her.

The good and the bad.

I miss having a sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just so sorry that you don't have your sissy.....