We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, September 24, 2014

NEW U2 MUSIC DAY! NEW U2 MUSIC DAY!


***** I wrote this post a while ago but didn't publish it until now so it actually took place a few weeks ago *****

I knew U2 was going to be involved in some way at the Apple unveiling yesterday so I was glued to my iPad, waiting to hear that they (finally) had a release date for their upcoming album, maybe even a performance of their first single or something of the like. Imagine my ECSTASY of them actually releasing the ENTIRE NEW ALBUM yesterday!!!! In no time I was listening to it and already had it uploaded to the app on my SmartTv so I could listen to it the way it was meant to heard..... loud. I couldn't wait to tell Asa about it when I picked them up from school. We listened to it the rest of the afternoon/early evening and again on the way to school this morning. Part of the fun is that this is the first album release that I've been able to share with Asa. I've converted him to a U2 fan and he studies and listens carefully to each song. It's an amazing thing to be able to listen to it with him. We've been able to talk and discuss Joey Ramone and Bono's mom, who died when he was 13. When I told Asa that Bono had also lost his mom at a young age Asa's eyes got big and had a few questions for me about it. I told Asa that he would remember today for years to come, there's no day quite like a new U2 album day. It's been a real treat to be able to share my love of U2 with one of the people I love the most in the world and know that he is loving U2 almost as much as I do. We sit and listen to the music and lyrics. It has truly been a great two days with my boy.

Thank you U2 for giving me this gift to share with Asa.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Music - the greatest gift ever!

Thank you for sharing this. I loved every word, every visualization of both your smiling faces. Love.